As part of this research and knowledge exchange we have gathered together a range of other resources which could benefit anyone wanting to act as an agent of change for achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
If you want to tell us about a resource that you feel belongs in this list, please get in touch.
Tools and resources for teachers
- SDG Network Scotland: https://globalgoals.scot/
- Teacher’s climate guide education package
- “Teaching for sustainable development through ethical global issues pedagogy” teacher resource
- eduCCate Global Climate Change Teacher Training Academy
- The Systems Thinking Playbook for Climate Change – a toolkit for interactive learning
- World Teacher’s Day
Games about the SDGs
- Big list of games for sustainability and specifically games for sustainability in schools.
- https://go-goals.org/ board game for children
- 2030s SDG game
- SDGs eTournament http://ccgame.hkbu.edu.hk/sdg-etournament2020/
- Paper-based game for older students to learn about trade/resources: The International Trade Game.
- Water Management game
- Game Changers
Research papers and other information
- Educational outcomes of Learning for Sustainability: literature review
- Office for National Statistics UK data for the SDGs
- Background on gaming the SDGs https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/blog/2019/01/gaming-sustainable-development/
- Potential of video games for the SDGs: https://news.grida.no/playing-for-the-planet
- Creativeculture: Can teachers be game designers? https://doi.org/10.34190/GBL.19.009
- Rapid Games Designing; Constructing a Dynamic Metaphor to Explore Complex Systems and Abstract Concepts.
- We Are The Game Changers: An Open Gaming Literacy Programme. https://doi.org/10.4018/IJGBL.2017070105